Wednesday, September 2, 2009

That's What I'm Talking About

Last night I was prepared for a few family members to stop by and tell me how good my deserts were. I was even prepared for a couple friends to do the same. I was prepared to sit around for an hour or so waiting on people to show up while fighting the wind over the table cloth and paper napkins. Basically, I was prepared for a little turnout and disappointment. I had already convinced myself no one was going to show up and I was not going to let that get me down.
Well, a few family members did stop by, as well as the friends. I did fight the wind, and the wind won most of the time. I'm sure there are still surveys, and menus blowing down Woodruff Rd. with cream cheese icing on them. Hopefully some one will pick up a menu, lick off the icing, enjoy the icing, and call me to order a cake...now that's a marking scheme I bet no one has tried before. What I wasn't prepared for was the great turn out.
Last night we had over 50 people show up, resulting in the complete annihilation of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake, the utter destruction of the Carrot Cake, the near fatal wounding of the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, and the Red Velvet Cake...well, it probably left with a severe headache or something (this recipe needs some work, but I will fix it soon). We received over 35 surveys, as well as two orders for cakes, two leads on business loans, some marketing advice on how to improve my survey, and a possible business opportunity. Thank God for blessing the evening.Statistics aside, here is the part where I tell you about the desserts, all of which are pictured on the blog.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake was, by far, the most popular. Picture a larger, creamier, and, in my opinion, better tasting Reese Cup, and you have a good idea what this dessert is all about. Peanut butter lovers will thoroughly enjoy this. The Carrot Cake, pictured in an earlier post, received excellent feedback as well. The secret to a decadent cake like this one is...love. Ha, ha, I'm sure that's not the secret you were looking for, but the cake is very moist and very tasty. The Chocolate Chip Cheesecake was not sampled as much as the previous two cakes, but the reviews for it were outstanding. It' is a New York style cheesecake with a chocolate chip-graham cracker crust and chocolate chips throughout. The Red Velvet Cake was the least popular, and rightfully so. While the appearance of the cake was very pretty, the cake portion was a little too dry. So, I'm scrapping that recipe and trying again.
I would like to thank everyone for coming last night and helping me out. The feed back and connections I get from a tasting like this is worth the time and effort put into it. I am already excited for the next one and I am looking for some ideas on what to sample next.
























No comments:

Post a Comment